November 18, 2019 – February 21, 2020 (Monday to Friday 10am-5pm)
Exhibit briefly removed to accommodate the Paint Ontario Art Show & Sale.May 4, 2020 – September 30, 2020
Monday to Friday 10am-5pm; Saturday/Sunday and statutory holidays, 11am-5pm
The art and science of photography has captured people’s imaginations for over 200 years. The technology has evolved over time. So have the photographers and the reasons we take pictures. This exhibit highlights artifacts and prints from Lambton County’s early photography studios and explores the history of photography.
The work of present-day photographers is featured in the Comparing the Moment photo gallery. This is a partnership with the Port Franks and Area Camera Club and the Petrolia Camera Club. These clubs were given the challenge to take photos inspired by images in the museum’s collection. In some cases, the photographers recreated a mirror image in the same location. In other cases, the photographers created a new perspective of an old image. Check out the slideshow below to get a sneak peek of this work!
- Workshop – Preserving Your Family Photos, May 16, 2020
- PA Day Event – Focusing on Nature, June 5, 2020
- PA Day Event – Pinhole Photography Workshop, June 26, 2020
- Thursday Night Speaker Series – History of Photography, May 21, 2020
- Thursday Night Speaker Series – Iconic Photographers, June 18, 2020
- Thursday Night Speaker Series – Life on the Road: Thirty Years Making Photos in the Music Industry, Thursday in July TBD, 2020
- Thursday Night Speaker Series – Nature Photography: The Amazing World of Macro, August 20, 2020