Wyoming, ON – Lambton’s Creative County Grant Program has approved 21 projects for the 2020 program year, representing an investment of $71,880 in funding.
The grant program will support new cultural initiatives across Lambton County that contribute to quality of life and promote a sense of cultural identity. At a recent meeting, the Creative County Committee approved the following:
• $3,000 to Lambton County’s Plowmen’s Association to support the Plowing Match 100th Anniversary.
• $700 to Lambton Concert Band for a retrospective look at the history of concert bands in Lambton County.
• $4,500 to Daytripping Magazine for the production of a mural commemorating the work of local artist Barbara Perrin.
• $2,350 for ‘Me, You, & Us’, an art workshop focused on youth, followed by a celebration of publicly exhibited portraits.
• $3,125 to Jazz and Blues in the Village for a free, Saturday afternoon matinee aimed at getting the community together for a family-focused afternoon of local music.
• $6,875 to Phil Egan for the production of the historical publication ‘Keeping the Peace: 160 Years of Policing the Imperial City’.
• $3,750 to the Optimist Club of Forest for the Junior Lambton Film & Food Festival Camp, an annual summer food camp at the Optimist Hall in Forest open to local youth ages 13 to 19 and taught by local chefs, using local farms, and preparing local dishes.
• $4,000 to The Friends of Pinery Park for ‘Art in The Park’, a program providing visitors the opportunity to explore the relationship between art and nature.
• $2,000 to the Plympton-Wyoming Historical Society for the implementation of historical murals throughout the municipality.
• $750 to the West Coast Lions Club of Grand Bend for Wednesdays’ Familiar Favourites – Grand Bend beach concerts.
• $1,400 for the Lambton Memorial Fiddle Contest.
• $7,850 to the Petrolia Discovery Foundation for renewed displays, way-finding and interpretive signage and new lighting and audio equipment at the Petrolia Discovery.
• $7,500 to Fairbank Oil Fields for the TICCIH – International Industrial Heritage Conference in Lambton’s Oil Heritage Conservation District.
• $2,350 to Focus on Ability for ‘Learning to Grow & Growing to Learn’, a horticultural therapy program.
• $10,000 to Moore Agricultural Society to support the ‘Music – The Universal Language’ program.
• $2,000 to Moore Museum for the ‘Outdoor Art Creating Awareness of Community Heritage, Part 2’ program, to include the creation of 3 outdoor murals on the street-side façade of one of Moore Museum’s buildings.
• $2,880 to the Municipality of Brooke-Alvinston for the development of a professional cooking program.
• $1,000 to Municipality of Brooke-Alvinston for the promotion of the Fall Fair Ambassador Program & 10 year anniversary.
• $3,000 to The Village of Oil Springs for Family Fun Fest 2020
• $1,500 to the Township of St. Clair and Heritage St. Clair for the installation of signage marking the early hamlets and villages of St. Clair Township.
• $1,350 to the Alvinston Arts & Music Festival for additional programming
It is estimated that this funding will leverage a total of $295,237 in local cultural investment by applicant organizations and their respective partners in 2020, based on the total estimated project costs submitted by applicants.
The Creative County Grant Program was launched in 2013 to support innovative projects that build cultural capacity, strengthen the creative community, define the County’s unique identity and enrich the quality of life of all residents. The program provides up to 50% of total project costs for new arts, culture and heritage initiatives across the County.
The next application intake is scheduled for the fall of 2020, and will support initiatives taking place during the year 2021. For more information about Lambton’s Creative County Grant Program, visit www.lambtononline.ca.
Jackie Rombouts, Committee Chair Mayor, Township of Warwick 519-464-3634 Jackie_Rombouts@hotmail.com
Andrew Meyer General Manager, Cultural Services Division County of Lambton 519-845-0809 ext. 5236 Andrew.Meyer@county-lambton.on.ca