We welcome individuals or groups to come and perform research at the archives and use our spacious tables in our Reading Room to spread out. We offer one public access computer, and free WiFi and outlets for plugging in your laptop or mobile devices. We have five microfilm readers, with printing and scanning capabilities (charges may apply.)
Reading Room Rules
Please respect the following rules while using our facility:
- No food or drinks (even water!) as spills can destroy precious historical documents.
- Always use pencil for making notes about your research. Ink may permanently damage irreplaceable records and never write on archival or reference material.
- Please handle documents carefully and respectfully at all times.
- Wear cotton gloves when requested to do so by Archives staff.
- Please keep all documents in the order in which you receive them. Never attempt to re-sort or re-file material.
- Archives holdings do not circulate and may not be removed from the facility.
- Work with only one box and one folder at a time.
While we do not allow food or drink into our Reading Room, we have created an “eating nook” in our foyer. We understand the long hours researchers put in while visiting us, and we have set aside this space for you to enjoy some refreshments during breaks from your research.